top of page
  • Writer's pictureSteady Eddy

Why Edibles Are The Cheapest, Most Discerning Way To Consume Cannabis

Fun Fact: Edibles Are The Cheapest Way to Consume Cannabis

Edibles are one of the most popular ways to consume cannabis, for good reason: They're tasty, convenient and discreet. Edible products come in all shapes and sizes these days. Desserts, candies, chocolate bars, drinks and more can all be infused with delicious cannabis extracts. As an added bonus to using edibles, the effect will last longer than smoking or vaping cannabis plus you won't have that pesky weed smell lingering on your clothes or hair after consuming a treat. There are some companies that sell marijuana-infused chocolate bars that look just like a normal candy bar; however, read the label and make sure you're getting what you pay for!

There are many reasons why edibles are more affordable than smoking and vaporizing. When you smoke cannabis, only about 20 percent of the cannabinoids enter your bloodstream through the lungs while the remaining 80 percent pass through without being absorbed into your body. This means that if you smoke one gram of cannabis, only 200 milligrams of THC would actually enter your system (assuming 100% absorption).

When you eat cannabis-infused food or drink, on the other hand, 60-95% of THC enters your bloodstream because it passes through your stomach and intestines where it is absorbed into your body. That means that if you eat one gram of THC, 600-950 milligrams will enter your bloodstream and therefore produce the desired effects.

Using edibles can be a cheap way to benefit from the medical and recreational marijuana effects. Not only that, but they tend to last longer than smoking or vaporizing cannabis. And since you can control the dosage, in theory you can use less of the product. At the same time, it's much more difficult to tell how much you've consumed versus smoking. So if you're a new consumer, these factors may lead you to start slow with your consumption (though this is not an issue for veteran consumers).

14 views0 comments


Post: Blog2_Post

Want to Stay Up To Date on ALL of our Latest Products and Deals?

We're constantly adding new products to our website, and always have new items in the deals section. Sign up to our newsletter and you'll be sure to hear about when new items arrive, and when you can save some money on the products you love. We also tend to send out some secret deals JUST to our email list and other stuff you won't want to miss.



Sign Up Here !

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page